This Symposium, co-sponsored by Community Change, Inc. and The Center for Inclusive Excellence at Regis College, is for organizers, activists, leaders, educators, students and interested community members committed to racial justice, equity and inclusion in the Metro West suburbs and beyond. You’ll learn about structural racism, share strategies for anti-racist campaigns, and strengthen local anti-racism organizing efforts.
The keynote speaker will be Debby Irving, a racial justice educator and author of Waking Up White and Finding Myself in the Story of Race.
Workshops may include:
– Confronting White Supremacy in the Criminal Punishment System
– Eliminating Harmful Native American Stereotypes
– White People Challenging Racism
– METCO Building Bridges
– Coming Together to Address Hate Speech/Hate Crimes
– Confronting the Complexities of Racial Diversity on Campus
– Understanding the Impacts of Race on Suburban Children
– Racial Disparities in Health
– Housing Justice